5.10.2011

Wanting to Make a Difference

World Lupus Day

I have my purple on today and my “Someone you know has Lupus” bracelet (last year’s model) -I really need to get the new one-.   I have my Facebook profile picture set to the World Lupus Day picture.  That’s really as much as I can do.  I really wish that I didn’t have to keep my illness hidden.  It’s a shame that the fear of my work finding out makes me feel like I’m living a lie about myself.  I want to do more to spread awareness and I feel like I fail all of us Lupus sufferers because I have to be so quiet… that I’m a hypocrite to be an advocate to support awareness but I can’t do much myself.  I think that I will be looking into some volunteer opportunities that I can do which will not put me in the spotlight but will allow me to make a difference.

My Mother’s Day…

Well I’m a tad late but I hope that all the mother’s and children of mother’s and mothers of fur babies and so on had a lovely day on Sunday.  Mine was great with the exception with both of my husband’s mother and my mom out of town (we did send them beautiful flower arrangementsJ).  We did the usual take Mom (moi’) out for lunch which was really nice.  My enjoyment out of it was not so much to honor me but I just love the time spent with my boys.  With my son as a teenager, he pretty much likes to do his own thing so it was really nice that we all got out as a family.  We had lunch on the patio at this nice little Mexican restaurant.  Afterwards, went home and put my feet up for the rest of the day.  Ahhh… and you just know I had to squeeze a nap in there. 

My husband actually managed to do a few loads of laundry and some dishes… score!

No comments:

Post a Comment