9.23.2011

Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome

That's a mouthful, and to be honest I can't spell it without looking it up but it's my newest diagnosis add-on to my lovely collection. Yay me! 

This actually brings me back to my lupus diagnosis days, you know how it goes... where you finally know what has been causing you those problems all those times, but wait... I don't want to hear something else is wrong with me, and not another diagnosis... no not another one with no cure.

I found this out last Friday, exactly a week ago today after a lot of testing at the Cardiologist office and I'm still really upset about it.  Maybe I've done too much reading but I've read other people's experiences with it and the heartbreaking stories is just too much for me right now.  I feel like I just barely got over how devastating Lupus is and now this, which can be a debilitating thing all on its own.

I've picked up the phone a couple of times to call my mom but put it down before I could hit the call button.  I hate to tell her anything because she worries about me.  It's hard enough talking to her about my Lupus and I do hold back a lot from her.

Am I making a bigger deal about this than I need to be? Am I being a big baby about this?

For those who are unfamiliar with Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome (or P.O.T.S.) or would like more info... source: HospitalSoup http://www.hospitalsoup.com/health-conditions/postural-orthostatic-tachycardia-syndrome-by-dr-blair-grubb/  (edited 9/30 for spelling errors only)

No comments:

Post a Comment